ELS เปิดศูนย์ใหม่ล่าสุดที่ Atlantic City ใน Richard Stockton College of New Jersey ในเดือน สิงหาคม 2014
April 21st, 2014
เปิดตัวอย่างเป็นทางการในวันที่ 25 สิงหาคม 2014 ศูนย์ใหม่แห่งนี้ตั้งอยู่ในเขต Atlantic City (Galloway Township) เปิดสอนหลักสูตรเตรียมความพร้อมในการเข้าเรียนในวิทยาลัยที่โดดเด่นทางด้านศิลปะ วิทยาศาสตร์ อาชีพเฉพาะด้าน Richard Stockton College of New Jersey ได้รับการจัดอันดับเป็นวิทยาลัยชั้นนำโดย U.S. News & World Report ในกลุ่มวิทยาลัยและมหาวิทยาลัยที่ดีที่สุดของภาคเหนือ (America’s Best Colleges for 2014) Stockton อยู่ในกลุ่มสถาบันของรัฐชั้นนำ 15 แห่ง เปิดสอนหลากหลายสาขาระดับปริญญาตรีและโทใน 8 คณะ ได้แก่ Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, General Studies, Graduate and Continuing Studies, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and Social and Behavioral Sciences
Ranked in the top tier of the Best Regional Colleges and Universities of the North (America’s Best Colleges for 2014) by U.S. News & World Report, Stockton is among this category’s top-15 public institutions. Noted for its exceptional program offerings, U.S. News & World Report also ranked Richard Stockton College among the leading schools for making the “most promising and innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty and student life.” Stockton offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through eight schools: Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, General Studies, Graduate and Continuing Studies, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and Social and Behavioral Sciences.
ELS Language Centers is very pleased to announce that a new Center will open in the Atlantic City area (Galloway Township), New Jersey in partnership with the respected Richard Stockton College of New Jersey on August 25, 2014. ELS/Atlantic City will be ELS’s second Center in the state, joining ELS/Teaneck.
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, a distinguished college of arts, sciences and professional studies, is noted for exceptional program offerings and an interdisciplinary approach to learning, while also providing students with a diverse, high-quality student, faculty and staff population.
Ranked in the top tier of the Best Regional Colleges and Universities of the North (America’s Best Colleges for 2014) by U.S. News & World Report, Stockton is among this category’s top-15 public institutions.
In 2013, U.S. News & World Report also ranked Richard Stockton College among the leading schools for making the “most promising and innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty and student life.”
The college is situated on an 80-hectare park-like campus. Notable Stockton facilities include an art gallery, an astronomical observatory, marine science laboratory, on-campus child care facilities and the Stockton Performing Arts Center.
Stockton’s new Unified Science Center is now open! This state-of-the-art 6,000+ square-meter facility features new science labs, classrooms, computer labs, lecture and seminar spaces, and faculty and staff offices. Stockton has been heavily science-focused since its inception, particularly in the Environmental Science area, having graduated more science majors than all the other New Jersey public institutions.
Other outstanding facilities include the beautiful LEED® Gold certified Campus Center student building, and the world-famous Seaview Hotel and Golf Resort, which hosts the international LPGA tour annually.
Stockton College is home to 9,000 students. It offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through eight schools: Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, General Studies, Graduate and Continuing Studies, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. See the following charts for detailed information about individual programs.
KEY UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS: Admission Requirements
KEY GRADUATE PROGRAMS: Admission Requirements
The ELS facility, with all classrooms, offices and the Language Technology Center, will be located on campus. ELS students will have full access to Richard Stockton College’s library, recreation facilities, computer labs and other facilities.
Richard Stockton College accepts ELS intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112 as fulfillment of the English proficiency requirement for both undergraduate and graduate programs. Letters of Conditional Admission based upon ELS Level 112 are issued for the majority of their programs.
On-campus housing will be available for ELS students in the “Housing 4” complex.
Special ELS tuition scholarships are available
Note: Special offer rates included in this e-bulletin for ELS/Atlantic City apply to attendance through identified valid sessions only. Thereafter, standard 2015 tuition rates will apply. These offers cannot be combined with any other ELS tuition discount or scholarship offer and are subject to availability.
Galloway Township and nearby Atlantic City, New Jersey
Galloway Township has a population of 37,400. Atlantic City, world-famous tourist destination, is just minutes away and has 40,000 residents. Overall, the area is home to 275,000 people.
Fun Things to See and Do in Galloway Township and Atlantic City
With a total land area of nearly 300 square kilometers, Galloway Township is the largest municipality in the State of New Jersey. The area offers many interesting attractions, including:
- Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge: Each year thousands of ducks and geese, wading birds and shorebirds concentrate here during spring and fall migration, making the Refuge an excellent site for bird watching, nature photography and related activities.
- Galloway National Golf Club: Recognized by Golf Digest as one of its Best New Courses of 1994. Come and test your skills!
- Historic Smithville and the Village Greene: The Historic Smithville Inn features dining and shopping at more than 40 unique shops and boutiques.
Atlantic City is a major resort city known for its casinos, concerts, boardwalk and beaches and is the home of the Miss America Pageant. Atlantic City offers an amazing mix of things to see and do, such as:
- Atlantic City Aquarium: A must-see stop to view all sorts of exotic sea life.
- Absecon Lighthouse: Tour the grounds of New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse. Learn about the lighthouse’s history; sleep in the keeper’s house and more!
- Cape May County Park and Zoo: Visit with more than 550 animals including rare and endangered species. Explore on-site paths, gardens, picnic areas, playgrounds, bike trails and a fishing pond.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® Museum: Looking for a more unusual brand of entertainment? Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is open all year with over 400 exhibits that will amaze and astound!
- IMAX® Theatre at Tropicana: The world’s most powerful movie experience. Crystal-clear images are projected up to five-and-a-half stories high and digital surround sound awakens your senses.
- AC Surf School: Always wanted to ride the waves? The AC Surf School and Club has a surfing program for amateurs, adventurers, and everyone in between.
- Atlantic City Boardwalk: Stroll, shop and sightsee along the world-famous wooden walkway, home to arcades, confection shops, casinos, hotels, stores, eateries and Atlantic City’s legendary rolling chair rides.
- Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ: Atlantic City is home to the largest pipe organ in the world!
- Lucy the Elephant: Built in 1882, Lucy is the oldest example of a zoomorphic (animal-shaped) building. Lucy stands six stories high and is a registered historical landmark.
- Six Flags® Great Adventure: Just over one hour away, Six Flags is New Jersey’s biggest, most popular theme park featuring dozens of rides, all sorts of food, shows and activities. If you are feeling brave, you can try Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, the tallest drop tower in the world! Drop more than 125 meters at 145 kilometers per hour — all in less than 10 seconds! Six Flags also features an off-road safari through a wilderness of 1,200 wild animals running free.
Philadelphia and New York City
- Philadelphia is an hour’s drive away, while you can reach New York City in two hours. Both exciting cities offer countless historical sites, museums, restaurants and tourist attractions.
ELS/Atlantic City is minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, and within easy driving distance of several major U.S. cities.
Travel time by car
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania……1 hour
New York, New York…………..2 hours
Washington, D.C………………3 hours
Watch for further news about this exciting August 25, 2014 opening!