ELS Nike Sports Camps – Pepperdine University, University of California Santa Barbara, and Westmont College, California
Improve your English and practice your sports skills in the ELS Nike Sports Camps at Pepperdine University (ELS & Nike Tennis Camp), University of California Santa Barbara (ELS & Vogelsinger Soccer Camp) and Westmont College (ELS & Snow Valley Basketball Camp) in California! This fun, rewarding experience helps you make friends from all over the world, improve your confidence, and feel more comfortable both in the English classroom and on a competitive sports team.
Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara, California
Key Facts about Camp
- Who can attend?
- ELS & Nike Tennis Camp: Boys and girls of all skill levels, ages 10–18
- ELS & Vogelsinger Soccer Camp: Boys and girls of all skill levels, ages 9–18
- ELS & Snow Valley Basketball Camp: Boys and girls of medium to advanced basketball skill levels, ages 14–18. Athletes must be at least 14 years old to attend the weekend session of the Snow Valley Basketball Camp.
- Where do campers come from? Campers come from all over the world: the U.S.A., Europe, Asia, South America, Africa and more!
- Where will I stay?
- ELS & Nike Tennis Camp: Suite-style dorm in which four rooms (2–4 campers per room) surround one common area. Accommodations include air conditioning and a shared bathroom. You may request an American roommate.
- ELS & Vogelsinger Soccer Camp: Campers stay at both Pepperdine University and University of California Santa Barbara. Accommodations are suite-style dorm rooms with air conditioning, shared bedrooms (2-3 campers per room) and shared bathrooms. You may request an American roommate.
- ELS & Snow Valley Basketball Camp: The ELS program is held at Pepperdine University: suite-style dorms with 2–3 campers per suite. Snow Valley Basketball Camp is hosted at Westmont College: two campers per room and a shared bathroom. You may request an American roommate.
- How long does the camp last?
- ELS & Nike Tennis Camp: 2-, 3-, and 4-week programs are available.
- ELS & Vogelsinger Soccer Camp: 1-, 2-, or 3-week soccer-only camp sessions available, or combined Soccer and ELS camp sessions run 4, 5 and 6 weeks.
- ELS & Snow Valley Basketball Camp: 10-day basketball-only programs or 4-week combined ELS and basketball programs available.
All-inclusive Tuition: In all three area programs, campers enjoy three meals per day, linens, onsite laundry facilities ($2.50 to wash and dry), evening and weekend activities, round-trip airport transfers to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), on-site nurses and trainers in the event of injury, Wi-Fi in common areas and dorm rooms, computer access for Skype and email, and a Nike Sports Camp t-shirt!
Nike Sports Camp Details:
- Nike Tennis Camp: Campers practice tennis for up to 30 hours per week. You will enjoy a 6:1 camper: staff ratio and excellent, professional coaching focused on combination of drills, match-play, strategy sessions and video analysis along with flighted tournament each week.
- Vogelsinger Soccer Camp: Campers practice soccer for 7 hours per day. You will enjoy a 10:1 camper: staff ratio and excellent, professional coaching focused on fundamentals drills, position-specific training and full field play.
- Snow Valley Basketball Camp: This is a rigorous basketball program incorporating three sessions of daily basketball drills/workouts and evening games Sunday through Thursday. The weekend program begins on Friday focused on offensive skills instruction and practice. If you choose to do a third general skills session, this program starts on Sunday afternoon and runs through Thursday. These camp sessions are recommended for high school players with medium to advanced skills. 10:1 camper: coach ratio.
ELS Language Class Details:
- ELS & Nike Tennis Camp: Campers have ten 50-minute lessons per week of General English curriculum, taught by professional ELS instructors, on Monday – Friday. ELS offers English instruction to language-learners at the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
- ELS & Vogelsinger Soccer Camp: Add a 2- or 3-week ELS language camp after the soccer program (starting July 10). Located at Pepperdine University, the program is appropriate for all language skill levels, including older students (16+). Transportation from UC Santa Barbara to Pepperdine provided.
- ELS & Snow Valley Basketball Camp: Add 2 or 3-weeks of ELS Malibu Youth Camp prior to the basketball program. Campers have three 50-minute lessons per week of General English curriculum, taught by professional ELS instructors, Monday – Friday. ELS offers English instruction to language-learners at the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
Meet new friends. Play Sports. Learn English.
Camp Dates and Prices
ELS & Nike Sports Camps: 2016 Dates and Prices
|Price (ELS & Nike Tennis)**||N/A||N/A||$3,290||$4,975||$6,630||$7,715||N/A|
|Price (Nike Tennis Only)**||N/A||N/A||$2,890||$4,300||$5,800||N/A||N/A|
June 19–July 1
June 26–July 8
July 10–July 22
July 17–July 29
June 19–July 8
June 10–July 29
June 19–July 15
June 29–July 23
June 19 – July 22
(3 Weeks ELS & 2 Weeks Nike Tennis)
|Price (ELS & Nike Soccer)**||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$6,000||N/A||$8,495|
|Price (Nike Soccer Only)**||$1,795||N/A||$3,175||$4,325||N/A||N/A||N/A|
June 19–June 25
June 26–July 2
July 3–July 9
June 19–July 2
June 26–July 9
|June 19–July 9||
July 3–July 30
(1 Week Soccer & 3 Weeks ELS)
June 19–July 30
(3 Weeks Soccer & 3 Weeks ELS)
|Price (ELS & Nike Basketball)**||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||
2-Week ELS & 10-Day Basketball: $5,725
3-Week ELS & 5-Day Basketball: $5,500
|Price (Nike Basketball Only)**||N/A||$2,420||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Session #1: July 24 – July 28
(Sunday – Thursday)
Offensive Skills Weekend:
July 29 – July 31 (Friday – Sunday)
Session #2:July 31 – August 4
(Sunday – Thursday)
2-Week ELS &
ELS: July 10–July 24
July 24 – August 4
3-Week ELS & 5-Day Basketball:
ELS: July 10 – July 31
Basketball: July 31 – August 4
*Campers should plan to arrive on the start day of camp and depart on the last day of camp. Campers may schedule an early arrival or late departure for an additional fee of $125/night. Please note, combined ELS and Nike Basketball program ends on a Thursday 8/4 – no late departure can be accommodated. All campers must depart on 8/4.
** Multi week programs includes: registration fee, roundtrip airport transfers, room and board, ELS instruction and activities during camp program if applicable, and basketball instruction. Supplemental health insurance can be added for an additional $60.
Sample Weekly Schedule
|8:30 AM – 8:45 AM||Check-in, Airport Pickups||Breakfast||Weekend Activity!|
|8:45 AM – 10:00 AM||Tennis Training – Warm-up and Drills|
|10:00 AM – 10:15 AM||Break|
|10:15 AM – 11:30 AM||Tennis Training – Drills in small groups|
|11:30 AM – 1:00 PM||Lunch and Rest|
|1:00 PM – 2:30 PM||ELS Language Classes or Tennis Training (for sport-only campers)|
|2:45 PM – 3:00 PM||Break|
|3:00 PM – 4:15 PM||Tennis Match Play and Drills|
|4:15 PM – 5:00 PM||Optional tennis in small groups or one-on-one with coaches.At this time, day campers will check out. On Friday at this time, camp will end and campers will check out.|
|5:00 PM||Day Campers Depart / Overnight Campers Rest, Shower, Eat Dinner|
|7:15 PM – 9:00 PM||Evening Activity|
|9:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Overnight Campers to Rooms/Dorms|
|10:15 PM||Lights Out|
|6:45 AM||Check-in, Airport Pickups||Soccerobics|
|7:15 AM||Breakfast||Tournament Style Competition/Weekend Activity!|
|8:15 AM||On-field attendance – stretch and warm up|
|8:45 AM – 10:15 AM||Soccer Drills – footwork, position-specific drills, dribbling|
|10:30 AM – 12:00 PM||Soccer drills|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch|
|1:45 PM – 2:00 PM||Afternoon warm-up|
|2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Individual position play and game tactics|
|4:00 PM – 4:30 PM||Go for Goal – shooting, crossing and finishing|
|4:30 PM – 5:00 PM||Cool-down, recreational activity / swimming|
|5:00 PM – 6:00 PM||Dinner|
|7:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Free Time|
|7:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Evening Games, Lectures, Discussion and Videos|
|10:00 PM||Campers to Rooms / Lights Out|
|8:00 AM||Check-in, Airport Pickups||Basketball Warm-Up||Offensive Skills Session starts on Friday and runs through Noon on Sunday|
|8:45 AM – 11:30 AM||Clinics – Offense, Defense, Shooting|
|11:30 AM||Team Practice|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch and Rest|
|1:00 PM – 2:30 PM||Clinic – Offense|
|2:30 PM – 3:45 PM||Division Games|
|6:00 PM||Organization and Individual Athleticism|
|6:30 PM||Clinic – Defense|
|7:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Evening Games|
|10:45 PM||Campers to Rooms|
ELS Educational Services
7 Roszel Road
Princeton, NJ 08540