|Key Major||Future Job Possibilities||Sample Co-Op Companies|
|MECHANICAL ENGINEERING||Automotive, Robotics, Project Engineering||GM, Ford Motor Company, Fiat Chrysler|
|INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING||Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, Operations||UPS, Mubea, ITW, Magna|
|ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING||Utilities, Power Generation, Aerospace||Leidos, National Security Agency, Plex Systems|
• Named 2015 Best College in the Midwest by The Princeton Review for outstanding academic programs.
• 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges edition names Kettering: #4 in Mechanical Engineering in the United States #14 in United States among undergraduate engineering programs
• “Best in Class” National Award for Entrepreneurship Across the Curriculum Program – Kern Family Foundation
• 98% of graduates are employed within their fields or attending graduate school within six months of graduation
• Listed #10 in top 10 private universities in the United States for return on investment by CNN Money
KETTERING UNIVERSITY CO-OP PROGRAM
Experiential learning is taken to a higher level at Kettering University. Students alternate academic terms of classes taught by respected faculty with academic terms of fulltime professional employment at highly regarded corporate partners. Kettering’s integrated experiential learning program recognizes that there can be as much to learn in a workplace as in a lecture hall.
Every aspect of a student’s experiences – successes and failures, class experience, and on-the-job training – is an educational opportunity. All these opportunities are showcased in a student’s culminating experience completed during the senior year.
Why Co-op/Experiential Learning?
• Gain up to 2 ½ years of professional experience
• Hands-on experience at school and on the job
• Earn between $6,000 and $15,000 on average per year
• Start your professional career during your first year of college
• The average starting salary of our graduates is $64,200
Apple Computer, the Federal Government, Bissel, UPS, Beaumont Hospital and over 500 more companies are hiring international students. There’s a Kettering co-op or experiential learning opportunity for every interest.
Students are required to have completed 2 academic terms prior to co-op.