Ottieni i requisiti per l’ammissione all’università
In cosa consiste questo test?
L’International English Language Testing System™ (IELTS™) è riconosciuto da oltre 6000 istituti in più di 135 Paesi. Migliaia di università accettano lo IELTS™ come attestato di conoscenza della lingua inglese necessaria per l’ammissione ai propri corsi di studio. L’esame IELTS™ verifica tutte e quattro le capacità linguistiche: comprensione scritta e orale, e produzione scritta e orale. La parte orale del test si svolge sotto forma di colloquio individuale con un esaminatore certificato.
Chi dovrebbe sostenerlo?
Allievi che intendono conseguire il proprio Associate’s o Bachelor’s degree
Gli studenti stranieri che desiderano frequentare un corso di studi undergraduate presso un college o una università americana che richiede punteggi IELTS™ devono sostenere questo esame. Lo studente deve realizzare un punteggio minimo all’esame per poter ottenere l’ammissione al college o all’università. Spetta agli allievi informarsi per sapere il punteggio minimo richiesto dall’istituto per lo IELTS™.
Allievi che intendono conseguire il proprio Master’s degree o Doctorate
Gli studenti stranieri che desiderano frequentare un corso di studi graduate presso un college o una università americana che richiede punteggi IELTS™ possono sostenere questo esame. La maggior parte delle scuole con corsi graduate richiedono un punteggio minimo all’esame IELTS™ nonché al Graduate Record Examination® (GRE®) o al Graduate Management Admissions Test® (GMAT®). Gli studenti che intendono frequentare un programma ELS di preparazione ai test per il GRE® o il GMAT® devono aver conseguito il Livello 110 o superiore oppure rispondere ad altri requisiti. Per saperne di più sui punteggi minimi per uno dei programmi preparatori ai test, fai clic sui link di ciascun esame.
Allievi con titoli di studio in amministrazione commerciale
Gli studenti che scelgono di frequentare il Programma di Inglese commerciale ELS devono ottenere un punteggio minimo agli esami TOEFL® iBT, TOEIC® o IELTS™, oppure conseguire un livello avanzato al test di pre-arrivo ELS.
Per saperne di più sul test IELTS™, visita IELTS.org.
IELTS General Information
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to measure the language ability of candidates who want to work or study where English is the language of communication. IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP:IELTS Australia. IELTS conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment. It covers the four language skills – listening, reading, writing, and speaking. IELTS is recognized by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is also recognized by professional organizations, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
Atlanta, GA (Marietta, GA)
Grand Rapids, MI
La Verne, CA
New Haven, CT
Oklahoma City, OK
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Monica, CA
St. Louis, MO
St. Paul, MN
St. Petersburg, FL
Application Deadline and Fees
Please refer to links to the test Centers to find out available test dates. Many Centers fill up early so so register online at ieltsregistration.org and send your supporting documents by e-mail to the test center as soon as you can. Payment of the US$225 Application Fee must be in the form of a money order, cashiers check (payable to ELS Educational Services, Inc.), credit/debit card authorization or cash. No personal checks are accepted.
Confirmation of Registration
We will confirm your test registration by e-mail using the e-mail address you provide on the IELTS Application form. Please check your e-mail regularly. If no e-mail is provided, confirmation will be made by fax or mail. The confirmation will include information about registration time, test location, and test module booked.
Test Prep Materials
Official IELTS Practice Materials:
The Official IELTS Practice Materials are recommended for anyone who wants to improve their IELTS band score or test if their English is at the required level to take IELTS.
There are now two volumes of Official IELTS Practice Materials: Volume 1 and Volume 2. Each Volume contains completely different practice materials. They will help you familiarise yourself with each of the tests. You can learn about how each of the tests is assessed and pick up some valuable tips.
The book contains:
- practice tests for Listening, Speaking, Academic Reading and Writing, General Training Reading and Writing
- Listening, Reading and Writing answer sheets
- Listening and Reading practice test answer keys and Listening tapescripts
- sample candidate Writing responses and examiner comments
- sample candidate Speaking tests and examiner comments
The CD (Volume 1) or DVD (Volume 2) contains:
- Listening test for you to practise
- three examples of students taking the Speaking test
The main difference between the DVD and CD, is that there is film footage of the students taking the Speaking test on the DVD.
The fee for the IELTS Official Practice Material is $35 each, including shipping. Not all test centers sell these materials. Please inquire directly with the center to see if they carry them.
Top Tips for IELTS Academic and Top Tips for IELTS General Training:
Top Tips for IELTS Academic and Top Tips for IELTS General Training are published by Cambridge ESOL in collaboration with the British Council. Top Tips for IELTS provides you with:
- essential advice (‘tips’) for all four skill areas of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- clear examples and explanations
- general tips for each skill to help with revision
- sections on how to revise
- what to do on the day of the test
The Top Tips for IELTS series is written by the experts who set the IELTS test. It’s a ‘must-have’ guide for your revision. Both Top Tips for IELTS Academic and Top Tips for IELTS General Training include a book and an interactive CD-ROM.
The book contains:
- clear examples and explanations to show you exactly what each tip means
- general tips for each test to help you as you revise
- sections on how to revise, and what to do on the day of the test
The interactive CD-ROM offers:
- a complete real IELTS practice test for you to try
- answer keys for Listening and Reading tests
- sample answers for the Writing test to compare with your own answers
- a Listening test so that you know what to expect when you take the exam
- a video of a candidate taking the IELTS Speaking test, so you have a clear idea of what you have to do when you take the test
The fee for the Top Tips is $35.00 each, including shipping. Send your order and payment directly to your ELS test center.
A DVD, IELTS Scores Explained, is now available. This DVD provides information on what the IELTS band scores actually mean. The cost of the DVD is $50.00, including shipping. Send your order and payment directly to your ELS test center.
To order the IELTS Official Practice Materials, please send your payment by money order or credit card authorization form to your test Center or call and supply a credit/debit card number. Please include the Practice Material item name, your mailing address and telephone number with your payment. The Center will then mail the materials to you. Other IELTS Test Prep materials can be purchased online. Most IELTS Test Centers offer special Preparation courses ranging from a 4-hour workshop to hourly tutorial sessions to more intensive study. Please contact your local test center for more information regarding test prep classes that will fit your needs.
Test Day Information
Passports are required on test day. Be sure it is valid and it is the one you used when you applied for the test. You should also bring another form of ID with your picture on it. Your passport is the only official proof of identity that is accepted in the United States. Driver’s licenses, student IDs and other picture IDs are used as secondary proof of identification only. You will only be allowed to bring water in a transparent bottle and your passport and reading glasses if required into the test room. No bags, cases, glasses cases, books, papers, cell phones, MP3 players, any other electronic item, pens, pencils, will be allowed in the testing room and will need to be put into secured storage during the test so it is best not to bring them with you at all. Pencils will be provided for you. Please dress comfortably. Once the morning exams have begun, you will not be allowed to leave the testing rooms unattended. There are no breaks included in the testing times outlined below:
- 8:00 am – 8:15 am Report to the test location
- 8:15 am – 8:50 am Registration
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Listening, Reading and Writing Modules
Speaking Exams are 15 – 20 minutes long, are scheduled in the same order that the applications were received, and are held during the afternoon of the test day. Some Centers will schedule Speaking exams on the afternoon just before the test day. Information about this will be included in your confirmation e-mail if this option is provided at your test center.
Candidates who arrive late at the test Center after the testing session has begun will not be allowed to take the test that day and will need to reapply for another test date and pay another test fee.
Cancellations, Transfer of Test Date, Refunds
Requests for Cancellations or change of test date must be made in writing and received at the Test Center 5 weeks before the scheduled test date. Cancellations made before the 5 week cut-off date will receive a partial refund of test fee (a $50 administration fee is retained for processing.) Cancellations or request for a different date made after the 5 week cut-off date are normally not be eligible for refunds.
Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer within the five-week period prior to the test date can receive a refund or transfer without charge if they can provide evidence that their ability to take the test has been affected by serious illness or cause. A Test Day Refund/Transfer form must be completed and returned not more than five working days after the test date, with full supporting documentation, before refunds or transfers can be considered.
IELTS Test Results
The Test Report Form (TRF) will be mailed to the candidate and the receiving organizations they have nominated on their application form 13 calendar days after the test date. Test Report Forms are valid for two years.
NOTE: TEST CENTERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE TEST RESULTS OVER THE PHONE, FAX OR E-MAIL TO EITHER THE CANDIDATES OR THE RECEIVING INSTITUTIONS.
Each candidate will automatically receive only one Test Report Form. A candidate may request up to five (5) additional Test Report Forms within one month of taking the IELTS Exam. More than five TRFs are available for a charge of $35.00 per TRF. These are mailed directly by the IELTS Test center to the receiving institution(s) of your choice.
To request additional TRFs for receiving organizations (ROs) one month or more after taking the test, please e-mail the Administrator of the center where the test was taken to request an application for additional TRFs. Please note that candidates may not receive additional personal copies. Additional copies may be requested for ROs only. The fee for these later additional TRFs is $35.00 each. Mailing is by regular postal mail and no tracking information is available.
To preview your IELTS test result click the above Button and complete all fields.
The preview of your IELTS test result is usually available online 13 days after your test date. Please note that it may take 24-48 hours (1 -2 days) for the results to appear on the website. The results are rolled out gradually, so some results may appear sooner than others. Please wait 48 hours before contacting the administrator about your online results. They will remain available for 28 days thereafter. Your official Test Report Form will be mailed to you 13 days after the test. Please note the preview of your IELTS result cannot be used as official confirmation of your test result.
Disclaimer: The online preview of your test result may not be used as an official score report. IELTS International, the test center and the IELTS Partners give no guarantee as to the accuracy of the preview result, and will not accept any responsibility for an inaccurate score. IELTS International, the test center and the IELTS Partners will not accept any responsibility in the event that your result fails to display, whether due to technical fault or administrative procedures.
For identification your emailed application must be accompanied by a scan of your passport which clearly shows your photograph. Applications that are not accompanied by a scanned copy of a passport will be rejected.
Your application will take up to 10 working days to process once all of the required information has been received, and does not include delivery time which varies according to distance and country. All TRFs to be sent outside the UK will be sent at no charge by courier (DHL or FEDEX), and within the UK by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Cambridge ESOL is unable to provide replacement copies of TRFs to candidates, nor will TRFs be sent to individuals, residential addresses or agents.
Enquiry on Results
Candidates who are not satisfied with their results may request to apply for a rescoring of the test (called Enquiry on Results) at the center where they took the test. This application must be made within six weeks of the test date. The candidate can choose which modules to be re-marked (one, two, three or all of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). There is a fee for this service of $225.00 (including shipping). If the score on any module that is re-marked is increased, there is a full refund. If there is no change in test scores, no refund is received.
IELTS Application Process
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY FOR REGISTRATION PROCEDURES AND CANCELLATION POLICIES. Please note:
- Go to the IELTS Online Registration in order to save your test seat, CLICK HERE.
- That registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and does not guarantee a first choice of test date.
- If no seats are available for the first and second dates you have chosen, you will automatically be registered for the next test date.
- If you must test on a date not available at the center you have selected, please CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a list of sites centers that might have a seat on the date you require
Once the request for an IELTS Test Examination has been ordered online, you will receive a confirmation e-mail stating the application has been received. A copy of this e-mail confirmation listing your online confirmation number, requested test date and center must be submitted to the test center with the required documentation listed below:
- 2 identical passport sized PHOTOS taken within the last 6 months
- Send these by mail and write your name clearly on the back of both photos
- or Send these photos as a scanned email attachment (required format: jpg or jpeg, square, and no larger than 10 KB) and include your name and test date in the email.
Important Note: Eye glasses must not be worn in these photos. Please do not submit photos wearing eye glasses, as this will delay the processing of your application.
- A photocopy of your PASSPORT, valid at registration AND on test day A photocopy is required of the page(s) showing your name, photo, date of birth, signature and document expiry date, including any extension stamps.
- Send this by mail or fax and write your test date on the photocopy
- or Send this by scanned email attachment and include your test date in the email.
- PAYMENT If you have not paid online with a credit card, please either:
- Mail a cashier’s check or money order payable to ELS Educational Services, Inc. for $225. No personal checks are accepted.
- or Click here to download the ELS credit card authorization form, complete it and send it by mail or scanned email attachment or fax
- A copy of the acknowledgment email you received if you send documents by mail. If you send documents by scanned email attachment please write the reference number provided in the email in your responses to ELS.
Send documents within 5 working days to the center you wish to take the test. Click here to go back to the list of centers for addresses.
You will receive a confirmation email when your registration is confirmed.
INFORMATION FOR TEST DAY
- Directions Information on how to get to our test centers by public transportation or by car, are listed below.
- Arrival time You must arrive at our center by 08:15 am at the latest on test day.
- Time of Speaking Test Speaking tests are held on the same day as the written test, from 12:15 – 16:00 pm. Your Speaking test will last 20 minutes during this period. You need to be available until 16:00 pm on test day.
All ELS IELTS test centers hold the Speaking portion of the test on the SAME day as the written parts of the test (Saturday or Thursday) with the exceptions of:
Manhattan (Center #US084) – some Speaking tests held the day before or the Monday following the written test
Indianapolis (Center#US294) – All Speaking Tests held the day before the written test.
Portland (Center#US092) – some Speaking tests held the day before or the Monday following the written test. Saturday Speaking Tests may run as late as 19:00.
River Forest (Center #US083) – some Speaking tests held the day before or the Monday following the written test.
Cleveland (Center #US291) – some Speaking tests held the day before or the Monday following the written test.
- Refund and cancellation Candidates can ask for a test day cancellation or transfer up to five weeks before their test date and receive a refund of 75% (a $50 administrative fee is retained for processing). Candidates who want to cancel or transfer their test less than 5 weeks before their test date do not receive a refund. Failure to appear for the test or arriving late on test day are cancellations and no refund is issued.
- Changes Due to Personal Hardship Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer within the 5-week period prior to the test date may be entitled to a refund if they can provide evidence that their ability to sit for the test has been affected by serious illness or cause:
- Serious Illness – hospital admission or serious injury
- Loss or Bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/Trauma – victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military Service
Candidates must file an application for refund or transfer no later than five (5) working days after the test date. You must complete a Request for Refund or Test Day Transfer Form and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence (i.e., certification from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate, or police report). Approved candidates will receive a partial refund of their test fees. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted from the refund.
All refunds, regardless of the method of payment, are paid by check and are mailed four to six weeks from the date of the request.
- How to collect results Test results are mailed by USPS mail 13 calendar days after the test. Results can only be issued by regular mail or be given to the candidate in person at the test center where they took the test. Candidates who want to collect results in person must arrange with the test center before results day and need to bring the same passport that was used on test day. Candidates who want another person to pick up their results must arrange with the test center before results day. The other person must bring:
- An original letter from the candidate authorizing the pick-up.
- Their own valid passport to be used for identification purposes.
- A photocopy of the candidate’s passport (the same passport used on test day).
ELS IELTS CENTER LIST AND INFORMATION
All ELS Language Centers are open Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
Atlanta, GA – IELTS Center #US290
Boston Downtown, MA – off site for Center # US081
Tel: 1 (617) 244-4448
Fax: 1 (617) 244-2455
Charlotte, NC – IELTS Center #US292
Cincinnati, OH – IELTS Center #US507
Cleveland, OH – IELTS Center #US291
Columbus, OH – IELTS Center #US550
DeKalb, IL – IELTS Center #US103
Grand Rapids, MI – IELTS Center #316
Houston, TX – IELTS Center #US080
Indianapolis, IN – IELTS Center #US294
La Verne, CA – off site testing for Center # US085
Tel: 310-576-0615 ext. 15
Melbourne, FL – off site testing for Center #US027
Nashville, TN – IELTS Center #US310
New Haven, CT – IELTS Center #US593
New York, NY – Center #US084
Tel: 212-431-9330 (ext. 17)
Newton, MA – Center #US081
Tel: 1 (617) 244-4448
Fax: 1 (617) 244-2455
Oklahoma City, OK – IELTS Center #US312
Philadelphia, PA – IELTS Center
Pittsburgh, PA – IELTS Center #US309
Portland, OR – Center #US092
Tel: (503) 517-8229
Fax: (503) 280-8553
River Forest, IL – Center #US083
Tel: 1 (708) 488-5013
Fax: 1 (708) 488-5014
San Antonio, TX – IELTS Center #317
San Diego, CA – IELTS Center #US087
San Francisco, CA – Center #US086
Tel: (415) 288-1996
Fax: (415) 288-1996
Santa Barbara, CA – IELTS Center #US295
Santa Monica – Center #US085
Tel: 310-576-0615 ext. 15
Seattle – Center #US508
St. Louis, MO – IELTS Center #US293
St. Paul, MN – IELTS Center #US311
St Petersburg, FL – off site for Center #US027
Tampa, FL – Center #US027
Teaneck, NJ – Center #US505