Academic English Courses
PREPARE FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
The Academic English courses at ELS Sydney are designed for students who are seeking a direct-entry pathway into an Australian university, TAFE or vocational college, without the need to sit an IELTS™ or TOEFL® test. Successful completion of our Academic English 3 and/or 4 courses will provide you with direct-entry pathways to over 30 further study institutions in Australia.
WHY STUDY ACADEMIC ENGLISH AT ELS SYDNEY?
- 90% of students successfully achieve the grades needed for their pathway
- Preferred English provider in Sydney for the University of Wollongong Sydney Business School, Le Cordon Bleu Sydney and The Hotel School Sydney.
- Frequent start dates provide greater flexibility
- Monthly information sessions to help you plan your further studies in Australia
- Regular campus visits to our pathway institutions
- One on one consultations with your teachers to give you feedback on work and identify areas for improvement
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The curriculum is fast-paced and challenging. You will develop all the skills you need to achieve success in an Australian university or college environment.
Skills covered include:
- essay and report writing
- academic listening and reading
- presentation development and delivery
- academic reading
- critical analysis
- leading and participating in discussions
- research and referencing
WHICH COURSE SHOULD I DO ?
- Academic English 2 (AE2) – provides the foundation skills for Academic English study.
- Academic English 3 (AE3) – prepares you for further study at TAFE or a vocational college.
- Academic English 4 (AE4) – prepares you for further study at university.
Sample Class Timetables 2016
|08:45– 09:30||Lesson 1|
|09:30 – 10:15||Lesson 2|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break|
|10:30 – 11:15||Lesson 3|
|11:15 – 12:00||Lesson 4|
|12:00 – 12:45||Lunch Break|
|12:45 – 13:30||Lesson 5|
|13:30 – 14:15||Lesson 6|