Working Holiday Package
The Working Holiday Package at ELS Sydney provides Working Holiday visa students the chance to learn English and secure paid employment in temporary or casual, non-professional roles. Some of the work available to students on this program is in other cities apart from Sydney and also in country areas of Australia.
The program includes:
- Detailed welcome presentation
- Guidance with your résumé / CV
- 12 month job assistance
- Opening a bank account
- Tax File Number (TFN) registration
- Australian mobile SIM card
- International phone card (to the value of $10)
- 12 months international YHA membership
- Use of office facilities for work purposes in Sydney and other cities
- Unlimited internet access
- Mail holding and forwarding
- Free luggage storage
- Access to discounted travel products
- 24 hour emergency hotline
Placement into a job through this program generally takes only 2 to 3 weeks, but occasionally may take longer, depending on the candidate and the job market.
Types of jobs
The types of jobs on offer are temporary or casual and in non-professional roles. They include retail assistant, cleaning, picking and packing, charity and promotions work, waiting (experience essential) and barista (experience essential) work. Jobs can be in Sydney or other cities outside Sydney.
How much will I earn?
You will earn the minimum award wage at least. Typically the rate of pay is between AU$12 – AU$18 per hour, depending on the type of job.
Download information on the Working Holiday Package