General English Program (Day)
The General English program at ELS Universal English College is designed for students seeking to improve the practical English skills needed to communicate accurately and effectively in everyday business and social settings.
Why study General English with us?
- improve your speaking, listening and conversation skills
- read faster and improve your writing in a wide range of everyday contexts
- expand your vocabulary
- improve your pronunciation
- become more confident in using your English in different situations
- use correct grammar to make communication easier
- study with students from all around the world
What will you study?
Key Language Skills
The course offers intensive development of listening, speaking, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing skills.
Students practise conversation and speaking skills using practical, real-world English. They learn to write for communication and effectiveness, develop strategic listening skills and improve their use of grammar.
Skills Enhancement Classes
Each 4 week session you will choose from a variety of classes designed to let you focus on areas of your choice. These provide you with the opportunity to advance your language skills in a variety of specialised areas. Classes change every 2 weeks. Sample classes include:
- Business English
- IELTS and PTE preparation
- Media Studies
- English for Hospitality
Three additional classes are available each week to enhance your communication skills. These flexible classes allow you to customise your learning program.
- Active Listening
- Pronunciation Clinic
- Fluency Practice
Language Technology Classes
In our modern Language Technology Centres, students work on their individual language skills and objectives through technology-supported learning. Lessons can include:
- Advanced listening programs that are based on real university lectures and presentations
- Pronunciation programs for practice in individual sounds, intonation, and stress
- Business English programs with authentic content from current business publications and practice scenarios
Timetable – 2016
|8:45 – 9:30||Structure and Speaking Practice|
|9:30 – 10:15||Structure and Speaking Practice|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break|
|10:30 – 11:15||Language Technology Class|
|11:15 – 12:00||Vocabulary|
|12:00 – 12:45||Lunch Break|
|12:45 – 13:45||Skills Enhancement Class|
|13:45 – 14:00||Afternoon Break|
|14:00 – 14:50||Flex Classes (optional)|
Do you want to know more?
These courses are available to holders of all visa types.