High School Preparation (HSP)
Our High School Preparation (HSP) course provides students 13 to 17 years of age with the English and academic skills they will need to enter and succeed in a government or private
Australian high school.
The course will:
- Focus on Australian study methods and culture
- Increase their confidence and help them adapt to life in their new high school
- Combine intensive English language study with English for specific Australian high school subjects including Maths, Science, Human Society, Personal Development and Health and Computer Studies
- Improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills so they can successfully study the subjects of Australian high schools
- Include weekly educational and cultural excursions, and a structured sports program
- Provide them with course books, workbooks and the latest learning materials to help with their English studies
Timetable – 2016
|09:15 – 10:45||Lesson 1|
|10:45 – 11:15||BREAK|
|11:15 – 12:45||Lesson 2|
|12:45 – 13.30||BREAK|
|13:30 – 15.00||Lesson 3|
Our HSP teachers are experienced in teaching juniors, with over 30 collective years of teaching the High School Preparation program. The teachers create a disciplined but friendly and supportive learning environment to build self-confidence and achieve success.
Why study High School Preparation with us?
- A high quality program with an excellent reputation
- Briefings on “An Introduction to Australian High Schools”
- Regular reports to parents and carers on student progress
Term 1: 1 February – 21 April
Term 2: 26* April – 14 July
Term 3: 18 July – 6 October
Term 4: 10 October – 23 December
*Classes start on Tuesday because Monday is a public holiday.
Students can begin on any Monday except the last week of term
These courses are available to all holders of all visa types.