Study English. Explore. Succeed
Welcome to ELS, the world’s largest network of campus-based English language instruction and university preparation centers, with more than 60+ locations in the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Malaysia. Each year, ELS places thousands of international students in university degree programs at over 650 universities accepting the successful completion of the advanced ELS curriculum as proof of English proficiency. In 2011, we celebrated our 50th year of leadership and saluted the more than 1,000,000 students from 175 countries who have learned English and enjoyed the experience of a lifetime with us.
Master of Science in Molecular Sciences and Nanotechnology (MSNT)
The M.S. in Molecular Sciences and Nanotechnology (MSNT) is an interdisciplinary graduate
program administered jointly by the College of Applied and Natural Sciences (the School of
Biological Sciences) and the College of Engineering and Science at Louisiana Tech University. The M.S. in MSNT is offered on the thesis plan (30 semester credit hours) or the non-thesis practicum plan (36 semester credit hours).
Admission to the M.S. in MSNT program
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate program in MSNT must meet the minimum
requirements of the Graduate School, as well as the following program minimum admission
- An earned four-year undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry,
Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics,
Chemical Technology, Engineering Physics, or in a closely related discipline.
- For students with an undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution, the following formula will be used to determine eligibility:
- For Unconditional admission
(GPA X 200) + GRE verbal score + GRE quantitative score = 1400
- For Conditional admission
(GPA X 200) + GRE verbal score + GRE quantitative score = 1200
- For Unconditional admission
What is Conditional Admission?
Institutions in the ELS University Conditional Admission Network offer conditional admission to students who are academically admissible based on the student’s academic record and other university and/or departmental and program requirements, but who have not yet demonstrated English proficiency. Your admission is “conditional” based upon satisfying English proficiency through completion of a specified level of the ELS English for Academic Purposes program and any other specific requirements prior to full admission. Once these requirements are fulfilled, you are able to fully matriculate. These requirements will be outlined on your Conditional Letter of Admission, and your selected ELS center will assist you in completing all of the necessary requirements for matriculation.
Additional matriculation requirements may include other required scores, for example, GMAT® or GRE® for graduate programs.
Our ELS University Partners will offer a Conditional Letter of Admission (CLA) detailing the additional requirements needed for matriculation. You and your family can be assured that you have a university placement and ELS registration prior to departing for the USA.
What is the Conditional Admission Process?
- Find a university via our University Finder
- Apply for university admission and enroll for English studies at ELS Language Centers with help from a local ELS authorized Counseling Agent.
- If you are an acceptable candidate for university admission, you receive a letter of “Conditional university admission subject to English proficiency and submission of any other required documentation for matriculation.”
- Study at any of the 60 ELS Centers in the USA to fulfill the university entrance requirement for English proficiency.
- Begin your university program!