What is Conditional Admission?
Institutions in our network offer conditional admission to students who are academically admissible based on the student’s academic record and other university and/or departmental and program requirements, except for English proficiency. Your admission is “conditional” based upon satisfying specific requirements prior to full admission. Once these requirements are fulfilled, you are able to fully matriculate. These requirements will be outlined on your Conditional Letter of Admission, and your selected ELS center will assist you in completing all of the necessary requirements for matriculation.
Additional matriculation requirements may include fulfillment of the institution’s English language proficiency and/or other required scores, for example, GMAT® or GRE® for graduate programs.
Our ELS University Partners will offer a Conditional Letter of Admission (CLA) detailing the additional requirements needed for matriculation. You and your family can be assured that you have a university placement and ELS registration prior to departing for the USA.
What is the Conditional Admission Process?
- Find a university via our University Finder
- Apply for university admission and enroll for English studies at ELS Language Centers with help from a local ELS authorized Counseling Agent.
- If you are an acceptable candidate for university admission, you receive a letter of "Conditional university admission subject to English proficiency and submission of any other required documentation for matriculation."
- Study at any of the 60 ELS Centers in the USA to fulfill the university entrance requirement for English proficiency.
- Begin your university program!