California Summer Pathway to University Program at Cañada College, Redwood City, California
Make the most of your summer and get an early start to college! Improve your English, visit California universities and learn about student life in the United States.
ELS understands that you have many questions about becoming a university student in the United States. This unique program will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to navigate universities in California with ease. During the weekdays, you will study English for Academic Purposes with ELS on the campus of Cañada College, one of the three colleges comprising the San Mateo Colleges.
More advanced students with a starting English proficiency (iBT 52, IELTS 5.0, ELS PAT 108) may have the opportunity to satisfy the English proficiency requirement of the San Mateo Colleges while attending this program. During the program you will have the opportunity to attend Transfer Seminars, where you will learn crucial information about transferring into the California State university system. Each session, you will tour two area universities, allowing you to meet with Admissions representatives, as well as attend a University Student Fair, which will provide the chance for you to meet with staff from local colleges and universities.
|Session 1||June 23 – July 18, 2014|
|Session 2||July 21 – August 15, 2014|
All Inclusive Packaged Price
For more information about the California Summer Pathway to University Program, please contact email@example.com.
Sample Activity Schedule
Actual Activities are Subject to Change
About the Location
- Located in Redwood City, California, near Silicon Valley, home to high-tech companies such as Facebook, Oracle, and Apple. Cañada College is one of three community colleges in the San Mateo Community College District, which also includes the College of San Mateo and Skyline College.
- Public community college established in 1968 and nationally recognized for its STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Center
- Degrees offered: Associate’s degrees and certificates
- Cañada college offers more than 40 programs of study, as well as transfer services to help students ease their transition into four-year universities
About the Program
- 30 50-minute lessons per week using the ELS intensive English for Academic Purposes curriculum
- Two back-to-back four-week sessions – choose one or study for both sessions
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Recommended English proficiency: ELS Level 106 or above, iBT 46, IELTS 4.5
- Housing at the International Collegiate Residence of San Mateo
- Daily shuttle service between the student residence and Cañada College, as well as to other locations in the surrounding area
- Weekly group outings to local area attractions