ELS/Nike Sports Camp @ The San Domenico School
The best of two instructional worlds: first-class English education and unsurpassed sports training.
This camp is for students looking for a fully combined program where both English lessons and sports sessions run simultaneously. Students can attend a two or three-week session with the choice of either basketball, soccer, tennis or volleyball on the upscale, secure and private campus of The San Domenico School.
Students will receive:
- Conversation-based English instruction that will help students understand common sports terminology, idioms and phrases; 10 weekly lessons Monday-Friday
- Nike sports training, team tournaments and scrimmages
- Opportunities to communicate in English with coaches and teammates from the U.S.A. and around the world
- Chance to attend team-building and social/cultural events outside of sports time (MLB Game, San Francisco City tour, Six Flags and more!)
- Exclusive access to campus facilities such as the swimming pool and gym
- Full dormitory accommodations and an organic, gourmet meal plan
- Daily emphasis (15 hours per week) on fundamental skill development, team play, strength and conditioning training and more!
- Campers are evaluated on the first day and divided into groupings based on age & skill
- Low camper to instructor ration (6:1)
- Led by San Domenico Head Coach, Rob Jessen and USPTA professional Jim Bedilion
- Chance to play alongside other developing & training American tennis players
- Daily emphasis (aprox. 15 hours+ per week) on fundamental skill development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play and more!
- Beginning and seasoned players will be challenged to play hard, be a good teammate and demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Low camper to instructor ratio (8:1)
- Led by widely recognized San Domenico High School Athletic Director, Mike Fulton and longtime Marin County coach, Jeff Skaggs
- Chance to play alongside other developing & training American basketball players
- Daily emphasis (aprox. 15 hours per week) on fundamental skill development through scrimmages, drills, team play and more!
- Combination of cutting edge European and American coaching techniques
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Led by local soccer legend Fiona O’Sullivan
- Chance to play alongside other developing & training American soccer players
- Daily emphasis (aprox 15 hours+ per week) on fundamental skill development, dryland drills and stroke specific training.
- Campers are evaluated on the first day and divided into groupings based on age & skill. Competitive swimmers welcomed!
- Lower camper to instructor ratio (5:1)
- Led by Head Swim Coash Gadi Shamah
- Chance to swim, compete and learn alongside other American and international swimmers.
July 9 – July 29, 2017
Weekly start dates available