ELS is proud to announce its Teacher Training TEFL Certification Program in partnership with Via Lingua.
ELS Educational Services is the leading provider of English programs on university campuses in the USA, with over 50 years of leadership in international education.
Via Lingua is a prestigious, global educational organization with schools worldwide. It is one of the largest TEFL certificate providers.
The ELS TEFL Certification program is a thorough and up-to-date 4-week TEFL program that includes 130 hours of training and 10 hours of assessed teaching practice. The course is delivered through a combination of workshops, seminars and demonstrations designed to give you an active role as an ESL or EFL teacher in training. The four-week ELS TEFL Certification Program is $2,550.
What sets ELS Apart?
- On-site, face-to-face: You will learn in a classroom setting from certified trainers with years of experience.
- Student-centered: You will receive personal and individualized attention in the classroom.
- Teacher Training: Because your course will be conducted at an ELS location – either in St. Petersburg, Florida, or in Boston, Massachusetts – you will have ample opportunity to meet students of diverse populations and gain real teaching experience in classrooms of EFL learners, much like the students you will be qualified to teach when you complete your course.
- Cross-cultural component: You will learn vital concepts and strategic skills needed to live and teach effectively abroad. This awareness will empower you to appreciate the similarities and differences between your culture and others and be more effective as a teacher.
- Earn graduate-level credits: Graduates of the ELS TEFL Certification program can receive up to six graduate credits towards MA TESOL programs with our partner institutions: Hamline University (St. Paul, Minnesota) and St. Michael’s College (Burlington, Vermont).
- Job guidance: The Via Lingua job guidance program assists all successful graduates of our TEFL course in finding a TEFL teaching position. 85% of our graduates have already found a job by the time they complete their course.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Hold a minimum of an Associate’s degree
- Be able to demonstrate both written and oral competence in English sufficient for study in Higher Education
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL® score of 85 and IELTSTM band of 6.5
* In certain circumstances, non-degree holders will be considered for a place if their qualifications and/or experiences are regarded as being equivalent to the demands of a degree *
The TEFL Certificate Program is offered at the following ELS Centers!
Are you interested in CELTA Certification? Click here to learn more.