The ELS TEFL Certification Program: A unique and highly personalized training experience
ELS offers both 4-week (120 hour) and 2-week (60 hour) TEFL certification course that prepare native and non-native English speakers, either with or without prior teaching experience, to teach English both in the United States and overseas. Both courses, conducted in partnership with Via Lingua, feature workshops on teaching skills and language awareness. There is a strong focus on learning the fundamentals of grammar and using context to effectively teach grammar. The 120-hour certificate program includes peer-teaching, six hours of observed and assessed teaching practice, and job guidance.
Graduates of the ELS TEFL Certification Program receive graduate credit towards an MATESOL at selected U.S. institutions.
What sets ELS Apart?
- On-site, face-to-face: You will learn in a classroom setting from certified trainers with years of experience.
- Student-centered: You will receive personal and individualized attention in the classroom.
- Teacher Training: Because your course will be conducted at an ELS location – either in St. Petersburg, Florida, or in Boston, Massachusetts – you will have ample opportunity to meet students of diverse populations and gain real teaching experience in classrooms of EFL learners, much like the students you will be qualified to teach when you complete your course.
- Cross-cultural component: You will learn vital concepts and strategic skills needed to live and teach effectively abroad. This awareness will empower you to appreciate the similarities and differences between your culture and others and be more effective as a teacher.
- Earn graduate-level credits: Graduates of the ELS TEFL Certification program can receive up to six graduate credits towards MA TESOL programs with our partner institutions: Hamline University (St. Paul, Minnesota) and St. Michael’s College (Burlington, Vermont).
- Job guidance: The Via Lingua job guidance program assists all successful graduates of our TEFL course in finding a TEFL teaching position. 85% of our graduates have already found a job by the time they complete their course.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Hold a minimum of an Associate’s degree
- Be able to demonstrate both written and oral competence in English sufficient for study in Higher Education
- Non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL® score of 85 and IELTSTM band of 6.5
* In certain circumstances, non-degree holders will be considered for a place if their qualifications and/or experiences are regarded as being equivalent to the demands of a degree *
The TEFL Certificate Program is offered at the following ELS Centers!
Are you interested in CELTA Certification? Click here to learn more.